“Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather.”
The Virtual Revolution is, if you haven’t caught it, a BBC series based around the internet and the wonders of it. I am currently watching episode one now, and probably will catch up on the later episodes as soon as I can…
I type as I watch, and I am currently amused by:
- The statistics suggesting Harrowgate has the most amount of porn watched.
- I’m not a fan of this lady however.
- There keep cutting up shots of her face. And then a shot of her typing, as if the narrative was of what she was typing at the same time. She keeps looking away, squinting, and then returning to typing.
- She also wears the same dress throughout the entire series.
- That’s just manky.
- OH SHE CHANGED!
- Too many exposure cuts. Reddy yellow flashes every cut. I think I’m having a seizure.
- This feels a bit self indulgent. She’s not hot enough to get away with it. And something about her voice pisses me off.
- I would prefer if it was more analytical, and it didn’t explain to everyone what Wikipedia was (so on).
- So happy Stephen Fry is included. He always has the perfect thing to say, right there! Bam! Stephen Fry! Take it.
- The Well sounds amazing, right?